Part of the Authentic Jazz Playalong series, This volume brings together Gershwin, Porter, Ellington and other legends of 20th Century Jazz. It Don’t Mean a Thing features ten absolute classics of jazz repertoire, idiomatically arranged for the intermediate (grades 4-6) Flute player.
Melody, lyrics and chord symbols are provided, offering opportunity for improvisation, with suggested solo phrases notated to aid the beginner. There is also a brief guide and biographical note to each song in the collection. In addition, the playalong CD comprises a live trio of piano, bass and drums for truly authentic performance!
- Blues In The Night [Arlen, Harold]
- Embraceable You [Gershwin, George] [Gershwin, Ira]
- How High The Moon [Lewis, Morgan] [Hamilton, Nancy]
- I Get A Kick Out Of You (Anything Goes) [Porter, Cole]
- It Don’t Mean A Thing (If It Ain’t Got That Swing) [Ellington, Duke] [Mills, Irving]
- I’ve Got You Under My Skin [Porter, Cole]
- Love Is Here To Stay [Gershwin, George] [Gershwin, Ira]
- My Funny Valentine [Rodgers, Richard] [Hart, Lorenz]
- Someone To Watch Over Me [Gershwin, George] [Gershwin, Ira]
- Summertime [Gershwin, George] [Gershwin, Ira]