The Jazz Sessions Series is a tremendous collection of Jazz standards, classics and original material by contemporary composers Alexander L’Estrange and Tom Pilling.
Each book is dedicated to a particular instrument but they are all able to work in conjunction with each other in ensembles and Jazz bands, providing an exciting and enjoyable repertoire. A professionally recorded CD accompanies each book and contains play-along backing tracks as a substitute for real life musicians. This allows for practice at an individual’s preferred pace and enables students to get an authentic feel of the style.
One of the main purposes of Jazz Sessions is help encourage and develop improvisational skills with a full written solo on one page and an alternative, extended version for improvising!
Carefully tailored for intermediate musicians!
- C Jam Blues – Duke Ellington
- C Jam Blues (with improvisation)
- Snowdrop – Tom Pilling
- Snowdrop (with improvisation)
- Wade in the Water – Traditional Spiritual
- Wade in the Water (with Improvisation)
- Wanna Walk with Me? – Alexander L’Estrange
- Wanna Walk with Me? (with improvisation)
- Fly Me to the Moon – Bart Howard
- Fly Me to the Moon (with improvisation)
- Song for Jo – Alexander L’Estrange and Tom Pilling
- Song for Jo (with improvisation)
- Bradley’s Bounce – Alexander L’Estrange
- Bradley’s Bounce (with improvisation)
- It’s me, O Lord – Traditional Spiritual
- It’s Me, O Lord (with improvisation)
- Hafiz Zahran – Tom Pilling
- Hafiz Zahran (with improvisation)
- Stompin’ at the Savoy – Benny Goodman, Chick Webb & Edgar Sampson
- Stompin’ at the Savoy (with improvisation)