An outstanding and varied collection of piano music from the twentieth century, selected from the Boosey & Hawkes archive by internationally acclaimed pianist and teacher John York.
- Roger Quilter: Three Studies.
- Frank Bridge: Valse Capricieuse.
- 3. Ivor Gurney: from “Five Preludes for Piano” – Prelude in F-sharp major and Prelude in D-flat.
- Aaron Copland: Three Moods.
- Frederick Delius: from “Five Piano Pieces” – Waltz and Toccata.
- Aram Khachaturian: from “Two Pieces” – Dance.
- Dmitri Shostakovich: from “Ten Aphorisms” – Dance of Death and Legend.
- Katherine Parker: from “Four Musical Sketches for Piano” – A Patchwork of Shadow.
- Arthur Benjamin: Scherzino.
- Alec Rowley: Three Concert Etudes, No. 2.
- Bohuslav Martinu: Mazurka.
- Serge Prokofieff: from “Three Pieces” – Intermezzo and Gavotte.
- Arthur Benjamin: Forest Piece.