This exciting new teaching method, by the renowned piano pedagogue Hans-Günter Heumann is ideal for adults and young people looking to learn the piano from scratch, or for those returning to the piano after a break from playing.
Using classical music as a basis for learning, this method introduces interesting, varied and well-known pieces right from the outset. The two method books have been carefully designed to progress in small manageable steps, beginning with simple fingering patterns and exercises, onto some of the most beautiful melodies and pieces from the baroque, classical and romantic eras, such as the Ode to Joy, Für Elise and the Blue Danube Waltz.
Leading the student through a range of exercises, repertoire pieces, theory checks, tips on practising, playing and technique, and composer biographies, the process of learning is made interesting, informed and fun.
The four supplementary volumes present further material to help learning at each stage of the students’ development, as well as offering up a wider range of beautiful pieces, for the solo pianist, or piano duet.
The method books and duet collections are accompanied by a CD recording of all pieces performed on a grand piano by a professional concert pianist, as well as some additional accompanying parts, which can be used as play-along tracks..
- Le Couppey: Melody No. 3
- Le Couppey: Melody No. 4
- Lully: In the Light of the Moon
- Bayly: Long, Long
- American Folk Song: Aura Lee
- Bell Tower Melody from England: Big Ben
- di Capua: O sole mio
- Traditional: Careless Love
- Gurlitt: The Beginner, op. 2111 No. 1
- Wohlfahrt: The Musical Children’s Friend, op. 87 No. 1
- Old Gaelic Melody: Morning Has Broken
- J. Strauss: Emperor Waltz
- Melody from Austria: Cuckoo, Cuckoo!
- Mozart: Romance
- Brahms: Lullaby, op. 49 No. 4
- Mozart: Horn Concerto No. 2
- Heumann: Piano Star
- Tchaikovsky: Russian Dance
- Schubert: The Trout
- Saint-Saens: The Elephant
- Wohlfahrt: The Musical Children’s Friend, op. 97 No. 4
- Gurlitt: The Beginner, op. 211 No. 2
- Türk: Play in the Morning
- Le Couppey: Melody No. 5
- André: Andante, op. 44 No. 1
- Wohlfahrt: The Musical Children’s Friend, op. 87 No. 15